Howard Samuels is one of the world's leading drug and alcohol addiction experts who runs the prestigious The Hills Treatment Center in Los Angeles. Decades ago, from the age of sixteen until he was thirty-two, Dr. Samuels had his own intense struggle with addiction to cocaine and heroin. Using his own compelling story as inspiration as well as case studies of his patients from all walks of life, Dr. Samuels shows how readers can recover from alcoholism and drug addiction by following this 12-step program to happiness and fulfillment in sobriety. This self-help book provides hope, inspiration, and prescriptive advice for those who want to recover as well as guidance for friends and family members seeking help for someone they love.
- Written from the unique perspective of a recovering addict who has helped thousands of people overcome addiction to alcohol and drugs
- Shares with readers for the first time in book form The Hills' world-renowned treatment program
- Tells Samuels' personal recovery story as the son of a prominent politician and businessman among the rich and famous in New York and Washington
- Contains a groundbreaking prescriptive program showing how to work each of the 12 steps
- Examines the cause of addictions, relapses, and fallback addictions
- Contains important information for family and friends of those struggling with addiction, including steps for intervention and healing
- The author appears regularly on TV